TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):编织我的梦(1)
日期:2019-07-09 09:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本

Code is the next universal language.
编码是下一个世界性的语言。
In the seventies, it was punk music that drove the whole generation.
七十年代,影响了一代人的,是朋克音乐。
In the eighties, it was probably money.
八十年代,也许是金钱吧。
But for my generation of people, software is the interface to our imagination and our world.
而对我这代人来说,软件就是想象和世界的接口。
And that means that we need a radically, radically more diverse set of people to build those products,
这意味着我们需要更多更多各式各样的人来建造这些产品,
to not see computers as mechanical and lonely and boring and magic,
这些人不会把电脑视作神奇却呆板、孤独又无趣的东西,
to see them as things that they can tinker and turn around and twist, and so forth.
而是把电脑看作是可以摆弄的,可以改进的等等。

编织我的梦

My personal journey into the world of programming and technology started at the tender age of 14.
我开始编程,初涉科技世界,是在稚嫩的十四岁。
I had this mad teenage crush on an older man,
那时,我疯狂迷恋着一位年长男士,
and the older man in question just happened to be the then Vice President of the United States, Mr. Al Gore.
这位男士正是时任美国副总统的阿尔·戈尔先生。
And I did what every single teenage girl would want to do.
而我做了每个青春期女生都想做的事。
I wanted to somehow express all of this love, so I built him a website, it's over here.
我想要表达自己对他的爱,因此,我为他建立了一个网站。就是这个。
And in 2001, there was no Tumblr, there was no Facebook, there was no Pinterest.
那是2001年,彼时没有Tumblr,没有Facebook,也没有Pinterest。
So I needed to learn to code in order to express all of this longing and loving.
因此我需要学习编程来表达我所有的憧憬和爱慕。
And that is how programming started for me. It started as a means of self-expression.
这就是我如何开始编程的故事。最初它于我而言,是一种表达自我的方式。
Just like when I was smaller, I would use crayons and legos.
就像我小的时候,会用蜡笔和乐高积木来表达。
And when I was older, I would use guitar lessons and theater plays.
长大些后,会用吉他课和戏剧表演,来表达自己。
But then, there were other things to get excited about,
但那时,还有其它很多让人兴奋的东西,
like poetry and knitting socks and conjugating French irregular verbs
比如诗歌和织袜子,总结法语动词变位,
and coming up with make-believe worlds and Bertrand Russell and his philosophy.
构建虚幻世界,还有伯特兰·罗素以及他的哲学。
And I started to be one of those people who felt that computers are boring and technical and lonely.
然后,我也开始和很多人一样,认为计算机既无趣,又专业还孤单。

演讲介绍

本次TED演讲者Linda Liukas女士的从小的梦想就是能筑造自己的梦想世界。她期待能早上在姆明谷醒来,下午在塔图因星球漫步,夜晚在纳尼亚进入梦乡。而帮她达成这一梦想的方法就是电脑编程,这一很多人认为是晦涩难懂,枯燥乏味,而且男人主导的学科。这次她将和大家分享她是如何从中获得无限乐趣,又是如何从小孩的视角获得了各式的启发,并呼吁更多的孩子们一同来快乐的学习,天马行空的改造明日世界!


分享到
重点单词
  • irregularn. 不合规格之物 adj. 不规则的,不整齐的,不合法
  • radicallyadv. 根本地,完全地,过激地
  • technicaladj。 技术的,工艺的
  • tenderadj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟
  • mechanicaladj。 机械的,力学的,呆板的 n。 (供制版用的)样
  • universaladj. 普遍的,通用的,宇宙的,全体的,全世界的 n.
  • longingn。 渴望,憧憬 adj。 渴望的
  • twistv. 拧,捻,搓,扭曲 n. 扭曲,盘旋,捻,拧
  • guitarn。 吉他
  • crushv。 压碎,碾碎,压榨 n。 压碎,压榨,拥挤,迷恋